Our planners bring a strategic approach to helping our clients realize their goals. Challenges form opportunities for us: We use this information and stakeholder engagements to offer insights on best practices and risk mitigations, creating implementable plans that move the dial toward their vision.
Tourism is fiercely competitive. Successful destinations capitalize on their competitive advantages and deliver exceptional experiences, which motivates visitors to choose their destination.
Our interdisciplinary tourism team can help create a strategic, visitor-focused destination.
What We Do:
- Tourism policy
- Tourism resource inventorying
- Destination development and management planning
- Resort master planning
- Visitor infrastructure design
- Public and community engagement
- Construction and contract administration
Tourism image courtesy of Grouse Mountain.
Recreational activities are life-enhancing. Access to good recreational facilities can strengthen communities. As recognized leaders in recreation planning, our team brings decades of experience and can help your community create recreational spaces that bring people together.
What We Do:
- Recreation policy
- Recreation master and management planning
- Facility feasibility assessment
- Recreation asset inventorying
- Outdoor and action sport facility design
- Recreation facility contract administration
- Public and community engagement
We specialize in working with clients to develop specific strategic plans from Council’s priorities, to identifying funding opportunities, and providing decision-making frameworks in support of new initiatives.
- Community visions
- Inter-municipal collaboration frameworks
- Strategic municipal business planning
- Council priority plans
- Decision-making frameworks
- Growth strategies including funding, financing and cost-sharing
Deep experience informs our approach to all our planning practices. We’re continuously keeping a pulse on emerging trends, and we use this and our experience spanning the full municipal spectrum to articulate a development vision and provide effective implementation options and create land use bylaws that directly implement policy.
- Regional plans
- Inter-municipal development plans
- Official community plans
- Municipal development plans
- Growth management plans
- Neighbourhood plans
Our master planning and urban design experience, as well as our deep community roots in Western Canada means we can swiftly coordinate developments of all scales and complexity. We incorporate client representation into every stage of our process.
- Area structure plans
- Area redevelopment plans
- Outline plans
- Land use concept designs
- Land use bylaw amendments
- Development permits
- Road closures
- Development review services
- Subdivision and development appeals
Great communication leads to exceptional planning. We excel at understanding the deeper roots of a project: who will be influenced and affected, as well as associated risks. Engagement and communications are central to everything we do – we engage with stakeholders in the most effective way per project to ensure buy-in.
- Engagement strategy
- Stakeholder analysis
- Engagement communications
- Conflict resolution
- Decision-support frameworks
- Consensus and multi-party decision-making processes
- Stakeholder feedback analysis
- Engagement reporting
Sustainability is more than just a cog in our planning wheel; it’s infused throughout our entire approach. We also offer specialized, break out services including municipal and corporate sustainability strategies that work across silos on your most challenging issues. We integrate with your team to tackle strategy, assessments, guidelines, mitigation, and capacity-building.
- Sustainability strategy, implementation, and evaluations
- Climate change mitigation strategies
- Integrated community sustainability plans
- Sustainability assessments
- Sustainability guidelines
- Training and capacity-building
- Community partnerships and collaboration
As an integrative function, our planners and designers collaborate to create urban spaces that reflect the unique ecological, physical, and social context of each of our projects. We provide designs that aren’t just attractive, they have effective implementation strategies including funding and financing.
- Urban design master plans
- Public realm strategies
- Downtown revitalization strategy
- Master planning
- Redevelopment policy and concepts
- Mainstreets studies and guidelines
- Funding strategies