Our employees choose McElhanney because they value what our company does day in and day out. We are friendly, down-to-earth, collaborative, passionate, committed to safety, and contribute to the communities where we live, work, and play. Our company has a history of employees who have spent their entire careers at McElhanney – celebrating 30-, 35-, and 40-year anniversaries – thanks to rewarding projects and long-lasting relationships with amazing staff. At McElhanney, you get big company opportunities with a small company feel.
“It is like a family here – everyone works closely with each other. We’re able to be honest and ask questions. We’re open to ideas, and different ways of thinking, which enables our young engineers, and even us senior engineers, to be creative with the type of solutions that we come up with.”
McElhanney has various internal committees to ensure our workforce is well represented. Our inhouse Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI), Women at McElhanney (WAM), and Young Professionals (YPs) committees are critical to providing insight into how we develop our staff and our business. Diversity of people, regions, projects, approaches, and solutions is a vital part of our success. We strive to foster a culture where everyone can thrive.
Your success is our success. We aim to equip you with the tools and support necessary for you to do your best. We provide:
- Competitive salaries, including overtime pay to most positions that are exempt from Employment Standards
- Opportunity for qualified staff to become shareholders of our company
- Annual performance bonuses, a full health and dental package, and RRSP matching
- Strong culture of mentorship, professional development activities, and career growth opportunities
We are proud to support our employees and communities through our McElhanney Cares program. From local events to employee wellbeing initiatives, McElhanney Cares is an integral part of our identity. We celebrate our local communities by giving back. Some of our recent activities include:
- Participating in the annual Prince George Climb for Cancer event
- Donating to the Y Women’s Emergency Shelter in Kamloops
- Releasing 7,000 chinook salmon fry into Quibble Creek in Surrey for Earth Day
- We are annual participants in the Vancouver Sun Run – in 2019, with 202 runners, we placed second out of 82 engineering firms in the race!
- Two of our engineers travelled to Uganda in 2019 as part of a Bridges to Prosperity team, which assists developing communities in building and maintaining infrastructure
At McElhanney, we take pride in having an open-door policy. If you have an idea, we want to hear it! That’s why having approachable, friendly, and accessible leaders is hugely appealing to our employees, no matter your role.