Applications for McElhanney’s Women in Engineering Scholarship are open from September 5th, 2023 to November 3rd, 2023.
Candidates are also encouraged to apply for opportunities to join McElhanney as a co-op student or new graduate during our regular recruitment cycles (winter, summer, and fall), which will be advertised on McElhanney’s website and via most post-secondary institutions’ co-op communications.
Hands-on career training will be made available through full-time or co-op opportunities which are reserved for individuals who have an interest in one or more of the following career paths. In your application, please select your career path of interest (if you have more than one career path of interest, please rank them from most interested to least):
Environmental Sciences & Engineering
GIS & Remote Sensing
The career path you select should align with the current education program you are enrolled in.
For more information on McElhanney services in these areas, visit:
- You have a passion for advancing and promoting women and strive for equity in your respective community.
- You have displayed a high level of resilience, determination, and creativity in overcoming challenges as a member of the community.
- You are enrolled in a diploma or degree program and have completed at least one year of post-secondary education at an accredited Canadian institution that is in one of the mentioned career paths.
- You are seeking a co-op / internship opportunity while completing an education program in Engineering disciplines (see applicable programs above).
A complete application must be submitted on or before November 3rd, 2023, and include the following documents to receive consideration:
- A resume that summarizes your experience.
- A cover letter including a personal statement of 1-2 pages that addresses the following questions:
- How have you been involved in promoting women and advanced equity on your campus and your community, and what impact have you had in this area?
- What challenges have you faced as a woman pursuing a career in engineering, and how did you overcome these challenges that impacted your academic and personal experiences?
- Why should you be selected as the recipient of this scholarship?
- How would this scholarship support your career plans?
When answering these questions, you may wish to consider how your studies or future work in engineering will contribute to the advancement of women in the industry and / or provide us with any other information you feel we should know about you that elevates your qualities as a candidate.
This scholarship offers up to $5,000 for tuition, textbooks, supplies, and living expenses (on-campus accommodations).
Industry Mentorship Opportunity:
Be paired with a McElhanney industry professional who will support you in achieving your professional goals. Together, you will discuss training, coaching, or career aspirations of interest to you.
Co-op / Internship Opportunity:
You will be awarded a paid co-op / internship that aligns with your career plans and McElhanney’s hiring needs. All scholarship applicants will be considered for current and upcoming McElhanney career opportunities. In addition, all applicants are strongly encouraged to apply to any opportunities directly at www.mcelhanney.com/careers.
We will share your efforts and accomplishments on McElhanney’s website and social media channels (great for your resume or portfolio).
McElhanney is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that come from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, colours, sex, sexual orientations, gender identities, Aboriginal status, age, or people with disabilities. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the selection process.