2016 – Ongoing | Across BC
Since 2016, McElhanney has assisted the BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure (the Ministry) with river and hydrotechnical engineering services for various bridge, culverts, and bank stabilization projects across the province. We have provided a wide range of support to the Ministry from emergency response inspections of bank and culvert failures and river lateral stability assessments, to hydraulic analysis and hydrotechnical engineering supporting culvert and bridge replacements. To date, we have completed assessment and design projects for over 40 sites around the province.
When continuous and significant rainfall caused major flooding in the Peace River area of northeastern BC in 2016, McElhanney mobilized our hydrotechnical engineers and water resources specialists to the area to support the emergency response and recovery programs for various roads, bridges, and culverts impacted by flood waters. Since then, we have worked closely with the Ministry assisting with preparation of Disaster Financial Assistance Arrangement (DFAA) assurance letters and reports, as well as design and construction support for repairs and reconstruction of these crossings, including engineering, environmental, and geotechnical services.
- Emergency response field inspections and assessments of roads, bridges, culverts, and embankments
- Hydrotechnical, geotechnical, and structural engineering analysis, design, and construction support
- Watershed hydrology and climate change assessment services, including 2D river modeling and waterway opening assessments
- Conceptual through detailed design services, including engineering and environmental / regulatory permitting
- Construction inspections and Engineer of Record services