Since early March, McElhanney has continued to monitor, respond, and adapt to COVID-19. We have nimbly adjusted operations to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our team members while keeping our deliverables and commitment to you – our clients, partners, and communities – paramount.
We are hopeful in learning that the curve is flattening in some regions; however, we strongly believe now is not the time to loosen the protections in place.
Here is how we are continuing to uphold our operations while supporting you with the same valuable advice, quality, and service you expect from McElhanney:
- Remote client support – our offices remain closed to protect our staff, clients, and communities. McElhanney team members are equipped to deliver projects and work with you from their homes. Courier and mail are re-routed.
- Site visits and field work – site visits and field work are occurring for projects deemed essential or allowable by governments. We are working closely with our staff, clients, partners, and related authorities to ensure people are safe and protected with proper gear and safe-work procedures. Any non-essential travel is restricted.
- Staff support – we continue to provide our staff with information and resources to help them feel safe and supported, and in turn healthy to serve you, including:
- Dedicated intranet site with up-to-date COVID-19 information from trusted sources and resources for mental health and wellness
- Occupational health nurse available 24-7 to assist with health questions
- Health-tracking app, built by our in-house IT team, that surveys 1,000 staff daily to flag any early signs of outbreaks, for which we thankfully have not had
- McElhanney case manager who supports and tracks staff with any health issues to ensure they receive the medical resources they need during this worrying time
Although the time for extreme caution is not yet over, we are looking down the road to how we can continue to adapt our operations to serve you as your trusted advisor as we all come out of this extraordinary time. We are cautiously optimistic for the next stages for our business.
More than ever, McElhanney is guided by our Core Values – care, grit, safety, respect, and accountability. We are continuing to put people first and find unique solutions to your unprecedented challenges.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to your McElhanney contacts should you have any questions or require support.
Allan Russell, CEO & President,