FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Vancouver, BC, Canada; Wednesday, July 12, 2023
McElhanney Ltd., a leading professional consulting firm based in Western Canada, announces the appointment of Joanne Lee as the Vice President of Technology.
In this role, Lee will be responsible for driving forward McElhanney’s technology strategy and leading the development of cutting-edge solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients and partners in the municipal, communities, energy, renewables, and transportation sectors.
Lee brings 20+ years of experience across the British Columbia and Ontario health sectors as a senior director of strategy, business planning, information management, and technology. She has led large-scale, complex technology transformation programs that continuously improve internal systems and external client and partner experience.
“I am very excited to welcome Joanne to McElhanney,” said Jason Low, Chief Financial Officer with McElhanney. “She brings significant experience in technology implementation, program management, and people leadership that is critical to our firm’s path to becoming a technology leader in the Canadian infrastructure industry.”
Lee’s appointment complements a round of recent updates to McElhanney’s senior leadership that support replacements for senior-level retirements and strategic organization to support market sector growth.
“McElhanney has had the fortunate opportunity to continue to grow across Western Canada,” said Allan Russell, Chief Executive Officer and President of McElhanney. “Our recent senior appointments continue to strengthen our position as one of the top consultant engineering firms in Western Canada and top geomatics firms in Canada, providing exceptional, award-winning, inter-disciplinary services that fulfill our purpose: to amaze our clients, care for our communities, and empower our people.”
Recent senior leadership updates since November 2022 include:
- Jason Ashwin, new Vice President of Alternative Project Delivery (APD) Market Sector, who is bringing 20+ years in APD leadership to expand this service company-wide.
- Carolynn Cameron (PhD), new Vice President of Human Resources, who is bringing 20+ years’ experience in HR leadership to deepen McElhanney employee and recruitment strategies.
- Dave Dulay, new Vice President of Project Delivery, who is expanding his 27-year role in APD with McElhanney to expand services to design-build and P3 clients and partners.
- Santino Pirillo, Executive Vice President; after 25 years with McElhanney, Pirillo continues to expand his role to oversee all Vancouver region operations and company-wide transportation and transit market sector development.
- Terry Tommason, new Regional Vice President, Northern and Interior of BC Region. Tommason brings 25+ years of executive business leadership with global consulting leaders and will continue strong operations in Northern and Interior BC.
- Tommason is replacing Executive Vice President Colin Adam who is retiring after 32 years at McElhanney.
- Executive Vice President Walter Johnson is also retiring after 32 years at McElhanney.
With over 110 years in business, McElhanney has built a reputation as a trusted and experienced professional consulting firm with longstanding relationships with local clients and communities across Western Canada, and beyond.
The employee-owned company offers engineering, geomatics, geospatial, environmental, planning, and landscape architecture services to clients in three main market sectors: Cities, Communities & Parks; Energy & Resources; and Transportation & Transit.
McElhanney has 30+ locations and 1,400 employees operating throughout BC and Alberta, as well as strategically placed offices in Newfoundland & Labrador and Florida.
Since 2017, McElhanney has been a winner of the Canada’s Best Managed Companies program. The firm is now a Platinum member of the program which recognizes excellence in Canadian privately-owned and managed companies demonstrating strategy, capability, and commitment to achieve sustainable growth.
In 2022, McElhanney achieved recognition as a Top 100 Employer in Canada and a Top 25 Company in Canada by Glass Door.
Visit www.mcelhanney.com for more information.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Tannis Goodfellow, Marketing & Communications Manager