As spring turns to summer, communities across Western Canada brace for potential floods and wildfires. One recent report on BC’s response to last year’s disasters calls them the ‘new normal’ and McElhanney’s emergency response teams are ready to help.
McElhanney provides experienced and trusted resources to emergency response management teams in instances of floods, landslides, wildfires, ice jams, avalanches, and more. Our spread of offices throughout Western Canada enables us to deploy local, experienced engineers, surveyors, biologists, and other specialists on short notice. Our teams are equipped with the latest technologies and support resources to respond effectively.
Specific experience includes:
- Site damage assessments
- Bridge inspection and condition assessment
- Bridge load evaluations and emergency rehabilitation or retrofit
- Construction supervision for flood response and repair works
- Engineering reports for Disaster Financial Assistance Arrangements (DFAA) applications
- Gravel and quarry operations and plans for emergency works
- Coordination of professional engineering services
- Quality control of aggregates and asphalt used in repair work
- Topographic and construction layout surveys for emergency repair work
- LiDAR surveys for overall damage assessment and slide volume calculations
- Near real-time data on interactive maps of disaster areas through our custom-developed software, Vertisee
- Mobile GIS data collection
- UAS/drone mapping and photo/video inspection services
- Design engineering for flood mitigation and erosion protection
- Development of environmental management plans
Our clients have included municipalities and other government agencies all over Western Canada. Check out some of our experience in supporting emergency response teams:
For more information, please contact a location near you and we’ll get you in contact with the best professional to assist you.